From 1st July 2020 employers are able to bring existing furloughed employees back to work on a flexible basis for any hours or shift pattern required. Employers are permitted to claim for any hours not worked (furloughed) through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.
In preparation for CJRS2, we've included a CJRS2 Preparation Tool and made the following changes to the software:
- A new form has been added to allow you to easily record a new furlough period.
- Reference Pay will now be required for all furlough periods. The CJRS Preparation Tool will populate this in advance, but you can edit it at any time.
- The employee's pay rate will no longer hold furlough pay. The CJRS Preparation Tool will reset any pay rate back to its original value.
- Normal Working Hours is now required in order to calculate Furlough Pay when there are part-time hours.
- We have provided you with a new option to allow Qtac to automatically calculate the Furlough Pay.
Preparing for CJRS2
Prior to 1st July, you should download our latest software update. This update will include the CJRS2 Preparation Tool and the above software changes. Please visit the relevant software update page for your package - Qtac 2020/21 or Mamut 2020/21.
Once the software update is applied, you will be prompted to run the CJRS2 Preparation Tool. The tool will automatically prepare your data for CJRS2 based on the data it currently holds. Once complete, Qtac will produce a log file detailing the changes it has made and advising you of any warnings you should review.
Normal Working Hours are required where an employee is returning to work under flexible furlough. For existing employees who are furloughed, you can edit their furlough period in order to supply this information. Navigate to Employee > Employee Maintenance > 'View Furlough History' and select 'Edit' on the relevant furlough period.
We have published a new guide that details how to process flexible furlough pay within Qtac, view the guide for further information.
The Qtac knowledge base contains helpful guides and information to guide you through furloughing workers and submitting Job Retention Scheme claims. You will also find in-depth information on CJRS2 items such as Normal Hours Worked and Reference Pay - Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme knowledge base.
HMRC has also published a series of pages to assist employers with CJRS2:
- Changes to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Steps to take before calculating your claim using the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Claim for wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme