The ‘Close Pay Period’ button finishes the employees calculations for the current week or month.
You need to close employees for the pay period before you can move onto the next one and also some information will not show on reports until the employee have been closed. You can close employees in a number of ways and you can also close employees individually or in bulk by division/department/location or by company.
Closing an individual Employee
The tick symbol next to the employee means the employee has been paid and closed for the period. The Pay Period will be shown in brackets next to the employee’s name.
1. You can right click the employees name down the right hand side and select ‘Close Pay Period’
2. You can left click to highlight the employees name down the left hand side and then go into ‘Employee’ > ‘Close Pay Period
3. You can left click to highlight the employees name down the left hand side and then click the shortcut button near the top of the payroll.
Closing a Company or a Division/Department Location
You can also ‘Close All’ employees within a company, a department/division/location or a selected employee:
- To ‘Close All’ employees within a company, right click the company name
- On the ‘Process Company’ screen, select the ‘Pay Frequency’ required
- Select the ‘Pay Period’ required
- To exclude on hold employees tick ‘Exclude On Hold’
- Make sure the ‘Action’ is set as ‘Close All’
- Click ‘Close All’
You can also ‘Pay All’ employees within a department/division/location by right clicking the ‘department/division/location name’ in the employee list on the software home-screen.