On the 26th May 2020 HMRC are due to release a portal to allow employers to submit their SSP recovery claims for sickness absences related to COVID-19.
The scheme allows employers to reclaim two weeks of Statutory Sick Pay for employees who have been unable to work due to a COVID-19 related illness. The following rules apply to qualify for the scheme:
- your employee was off work because they had coronavirus, were self-isolating or shielding because of coronavirus
- your PAYE payroll scheme started on or before 28 February 2020
- you had fewer than 250 employees on 28 February 2020
The period of sickness must have started on or after:
- 13 March 2020 - if your employee had coronavirus or was self-isolating because of coronavirus
- 16 April 2020 - if your employee was shielding because of coronavirus
Guidance from: https://www.gov.uk/employers-sick-pay/help-with-sick-pay
Exporting information for the claim
Qtac has added an export function to supply you with the information required for you to submit your claim.
For Qtac to include the sickness absence on the export, the absence must have been marked as a COVID-19 Sickness absence:
The export can be found under Reports > Company > COVID-19 Sickness Export YTD
The software will produce an export file containing any employee where a COVID-19 sickness has been recorded against them. Note – the software will only produce the ‘SSP Amount’ for the first two weeks of the absence (the maximum claim amount)