This is a legal agreement between you, the person named overleaf and us, QTAC Solutions Limited. By loading or storing or using the software enclosed with this agreement (“the Software”) on any computer you have accepted the terms of this agreement. This is a non-exclusive licence which entitles you to use the Software on the terms of this agreement.
The copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Software are our property. You may copy the Software provided you ensure that no more than the licenced number of users are using the Software at any particular time. In any event the copies must be either for back-up purposes or to enable you to have a copy on both your office and home computer for your own use. You may not copy the Software for any other purpose. If more than one person wishes to use the Software at the same time then you must ensure that you hold a licence for each user.
You may not lease, rent or decompile the Software.
Within 60 days of purchase you may return the Software for a free replacement if the disk has any physical defects. We warrant that the Software will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying literature, if it does not you may return the Software to us and we will, at our choice, either provide you with a refund, replacement or correct the errors. You may only return the Software if the Software has not been subjected to any abuse or misapplication or accidental damage. We do not provide any other warranty than the one set out in this agreement and under no circumstances will our liability to you exceed the price paid by you for the software. We will not be liable for any consequential loss. However, we do not exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
You are responsible for your interpretation of tax legislation and the use of correct rates and figures. We have no responsibility or liability to you or any other person for any loss or claims arising from the use of the Software or the advice and information contained in it. You will indemnify us against any liability arising from any other person relying on the use of the Software or the advice and information contained in it.
We may terminate this licence agreement by writing to you if you breach any of the terms of this agreement. In such circumstances you must either return or destroy the Software and any copies, whichever we ask you to do.
You may transfer your rights under this agreement providing you transfer all copies of the Software together with all written material and the recipient agrees to the terms of this agreement.
Any personal data you provide for the purposes of this agreement will be processed in accordance with our data standard https://www.qtac.co.uk/data-standard/
This agreement is governed by English Law.
If you have any queries on this agreement or the Software please write to us at the address provided.
Data Protection Legislation: the UK Data Protection Legislation and (for so long as and to the extent that the law of the European Union has legal effect in the UK) the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and any other directly applicable European Union regulation relating to privacy.
UK Data Protection Legislation: any data protection legislation from time to time in force in the UK including the Data Protection Act 1998 or 2018 or any successor legislation.
- DATA PROTECTION
- Both parties will comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Legislation. This clause 1.1 is in addition to, and does not relieve, remove or replace, a party's obligations under the Data Protection Legislation. In this clause 1, Applicable Laws means (for so long as and to the extent that they apply to the Provider) the law of the European Union, the law of any member state of the European Union and/or Domestic UK Law; and Domestic UK Law means the UK Data Protection Legislation and any other law that applies in the UK.
- The parties acknowledge that for the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, you are the data controller and we are the data processor (where Data Controller and Data Processor have the meanings as defined in the Data Protection Legislation).
- Without prejudice to the generality of clause 1.1, you will ensure that you have all necessary appropriate consents and notices in place to enable lawful transfer of the Personal Data to us for the duration and purposes of this agreement.
- Without prejudice to the generality of clause 1.1, we shall, in relation to any Personal Data processed in connection with the performance by us of our obligations under this agreement:
- process that Personal Data only on the written instructions of you unless we are required by Applicable Laws to otherwise process that Personal Data. Where we are relying on laws of a member of the European Union or European Union law as the basis for processing Personal Data, we shall promptly notify you of this before performing the processing required by the Applicable Laws unless those Applicable Laws prohibit us from so notifying you;
- ensure that we have in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of Personal Data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, Personal Data, appropriate to the harm that might result from the unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction or damage and the nature of the data to be protected, having regard to the state of technological development and the cost of implementing any measures (those measures may include, where appropriate, pseudonymising and encrypting Personal Data, ensuring confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of its systems and services, ensuring that availability of and access to Personal Data can be restored in a timely manner after an incident, and regularly assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of the technical and organisational measures adopted by it);
- ensure that all personnel who have access to and/or process Personal Data are obliged to keep the Personal Data confidential; and
- not transfer any Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area unless your prior written consent has been obtained and the following conditions are fulfilled:
- you or we have provided appropriate safeguards in relation to the transfer;
- the data subject has enforceable rights and effective legal remedies;
- we have complied with our obligations under the Data Protection Legislation by providing an adequate level of protection to any Personal Data that is transferred; and
- we have complied with reasonable instructions notified to us in advance by you with respect to the processing of the Personal Data;
- assist you, at your cost, in responding to any request from a Data Subject and in ensuring compliance with their obligations under the Data Protection Legislation with respect to security, breach notifications, impact assessments and consultations with supervisory authorities or regulators;
- notify you without undue delay on becoming aware of a Personal Data breach;
- at your written direction, delete or return Personal Data and copies thereof to you on termination of the agreement unless required by Applicable Law to store the Personal Data; and
- maintain complete and accurate records and information to demonstrate its compliance with this clause.
- Either party may, at any time on not less than 30 days’ notice, revise this clause 1.5 by replacing it with any applicable controller to processor standard clauses or similar terms forming party of an applicable certification scheme (which shall apply when replaced by attachment to this agreement).