This page shows the advanced settings and methods for batch maintenance.
It will cover extra input types, employee updates and company updates.
Extra Input Types
To access this area of the software go to ‘Batch Management > Extra Input Types’.
Extra input types defines headings and inputs for import files already specified in the software. These input types have been entered into the software ready for use. ‘Employee Number’ and ‘Number of Weeks’ will appear regardless of type selected. This is just a list of the input types and the short cuts that you can use in the .csv file as extra headers.
Employee Updates & Importing Employees
- To access this area of the software, go to ‘Batch Management > Employee Update’. Using this menu item allows you to import employees or update employees already on the payroll. When importing, any fields left blank will make no change.
- In order to import employees you will first have to have a company set up on the payroll.
- To start the import go to ‘Batch Management > Employee Update’.
- On this screen click on the ellipsis button ‘…’ and find the ’employee.csv’ file that you have created. This file has your employee data that you want to import.
- With the employee.csv file selected press ‘OK‘, this will return you to the previous window.
- Click the ‘Import’ button to begin the import of data.
- You will be presented with a window that shows you how many records have been created, how many have been updated and how many failed due to incorrect values in the .csv file. NOTE: If there is any invalid data that record will not be updated.
- On completion of the import an audit report will display indicating both warnings and errors found in the imported data. You must repair this data before re-running an employee export and re-importing following the bullet points above.
Delete all Processed Batches
To access this area of the software go into ‘Batch Management > Delete All Processed Batches’
If you have a backlog of batch files that have been imported then running this option will delete all the processed batches held in the payroll. After selecting this option it will inform you via a new window to tell you how many records have been deleted.
- To access this are of the software go to ‘Batch Management > Company Update’
- Using the company update option is much like the employee update option described above. It allows you to update company details already in the payroll. When importing any fields left blank will make no change.
- If you want to make changes to a company open the ‘Company Update’ screen.
- On this screen click the ellipses ‘…’ button and find the company.csv file you have created which contains your company details.
- Press ‘OK’ once you have it selected.
- Click ‘Import’ to begin the import.
- Once completed you will be presented with a window which shows you how may records have been updated/created/or failed due to invalid values in the file. NOTE: If there are any invalid records in the file that record will not be updated.
- If there are any errors you will be presented with a window that displays both warnings and errors found in the imported data. You must repair this data before re-running the import and re-importing the following the steps above.
- There must be an ‘employee.csv‘ file in the same folder as the ‘company.csv’ file.
- Employees can be added to the newly created company providing the companies have the ‘Company Reference’ field populated and each employee has the CO Ref field populated to indicate the company the employee should be added into.
Need More Help?
Our team are here to help.
Read our latest blogs on all things Payroll.
Check out our Video Tutorials.
Check out our Video Tutorials.