This guide will walk you through the install process of the Qtac software.
Firstly, you will need to download the software which you can find below or on the email we sent you when you purchased.
Getting the Software
Whether you are an existing or new customer you should receive an email with your pin and a link to the download of our software. You can also get to our downloads page by clicking here.
Please note: We no longer send out CD versions of the software by default. However you can contact our sales team to request a CD.
How to Install
Download and run the latest set-up file. A window should pop up automatically. You will need to select which type of install you require: ‘Standalone/Server’ or a ‘Client’ Install. If you are unsure of what option to pick – then you most likely just need the ‘Standalone/Server‘ install, for more detail see the descriptions below. Click the ‘Install’ button to begin. The installation wizard contains full instructions on the install process.
After running the install the software should automatically start the install of SAP Crystal Reports, this will load through and move onto the Install Wizard.
Install Wizard (step-by-step):
- Install Wizard Welcome - The Installer will now welcome you to the install wizard, from here you need to read what it says on screen and click ‘Next’ where appropriate.
- Licence agreement - The next page is the agreement of our Terms and Conditions, you need to tick the box ‘I accept the licence agreement’ before you can continue. Our licence agreement can also be found here.
- Destination Folder - The Installer should automatically select the default destination folder so this shouldn’t need any changing before continuing.
- SQL Server Connection - The Install should also automatically select the ‘SQL Server Name’ & ‘Database Authentication’.
- Install Complete - The install of the software is now complete and you can now launch the program from the shortcut on your desktop.
Start Up. The Start Up window will ask what you would like to do when you open the software for the first time:
- Migrate Last Year’s Data - If you have last year’s software installed with employee data you can transfer this though the migration process, further instructions can be found here.
- Register - If you have purchased the product and need to start with no data in the software you should choose this option.
- Restore Backup - If you already have a Backup from the software and want to restore it into this install, choose this option and further instructions can be found here.
- Run in single company demonstration mode - If you are looking to run the Free-45 day trial then choose this option.
Standalone/server: Installs the main application and prerequisites locally on the computer you are using. Can be used for single PCs/laptops or installing on to your main application server.
Client: To install the necessary prerequisites on a client computer. The ‘Standalone/Server‘ should be run on the server first, and then the client install should be run on any machines that will be using QTAC. Client machines are then pointed at the shared server location.
Client Computer changes for 19/20
For the Qtac 19/20 payroll software all computers must be running .Net Framework 4.5+. A new version of Crystal reports is also required and will need to be installed on each client machine. Our full install will do this automatically however you can download the crystal reports upgrade by clicking here.