Mamut payroll software is regularly being improved with new features and compliance updates.
To make sure your software is always performing at its best you should regularly update the software. Critical MAMUT updates are released every few months but you can also check for minor updates using this guide.
- Make sure all users are logged out of the MAMUT software.
- To download the MAMUT update please click the following link and select the relevant year.
- If you click the file listed – click ‘Run’ or ‘Save‘ (these options depend on your Web Browser)
When the file has finished opening/downloading, open the file and a ‘Welcome to the MAMUT Update Wizard’ window will appear.
- The ‘Destination Folder’ path will point to default location for that years version of QTAC. If you have installed your software to a different location – or on to a server – then click on ‘Browse’ and navigate to that location.
- Click ‘Extract‘. Once extracted the update screen will close down
- If you now open the MAMUT software, it should display a message saying ‘The Database is out of date and needs upgrading‘. If you want to take a backup before updating (recommended) then click ‘Yes’ and follow the backup instructions. If you click ‘No’ then it will start upgrading the MAMUT database right away
- Once the database upgrade has finished, it should ask you to log in with your ‘Username’ and ‘Password’
- You have successfully updated MAMUT to the latest version!
What to do if you receive ‘Files Cannot Be Created’ message while updating
If you receive this message then MAMUT is still open and running. Make sure you have closed down MAMUT on ALL machines that have it installed.
You can also press ‘CTRL’-‘ALT’-‘DELETE’ on your keyboard and open up ‘Task Manager’, then under the ‘Applications’ and ‘Processes’ tabs of Task Manager, check that that the ‘MAMUT(xxxx) Presentation Layer’ is not running. If it is running then highlight it from the list and click ‘End Task’. Ensure that you do this for all PC’s that have MAMUT installed.