You can add in pay period absences under the ‘Change’ button menu – right click the employees name down the left hand side, select ‘Open and Pay Employee’, click ‘Change’ and then select the ‘Absence Recording’ tab along the top:
Sick leave is added period by period, so a week by week or month by month, depending on how you pay the employee.
- Right click on the employees name and select ‘Open and Pay Employee’ to bring up the open and pay screen
- Click on the ‘Change’ button on the open and pay screen
- Select the ‘Absence Recording’ tab along the top. NOTE: Any changes here will affect the current pay period only
- Click the ‘Add New Absence’ button and select ‘Sick Leave’ from the ‘Absence Type’ drop down menu:
- Enter the ‘Start Date’ and ‘End Date’ (including waiting days) of the sickness. Note that the date entered in the finish date is included as a day off sick.
- The number of ‘Qualifying Days’ used in the SSP calculation can be set. Qualifying Days are the number of days that the employee works in a normal working week.
- Set the ‘Basic Pay Adjustment’ in the bottom right hand corner:
Reduce Standard basic pay by Statutory Pay:
This option reduces the basic pay by the SSP amount, thus giving you the same gross total pay, just a combination of SSP and ‘Basic Pay’.
Do not Pay Basic Pay:
This option will clear the employees ‘Basic Pay’ to 0.00, leaving only the automatically calculated SSP amount
Pay Basic Pay as entered:
This option allows you to pay whatever you want to the employee in ‘Basic Pay’ alongside the automatically calculated SSP amount
- Reduce Standard basic pay by Statutory Pay:
- Click on ‘Save Absence’ button along the bottom
- Click ‘Close’ along the bottom to return to the ‘Open and Pay’ screen
- Any SSP calculated will appear under the ‘Additions’ box on the open and pay screen, as seen on the right.